Sunday 25 March 2012

Hunger Games!

Ah, I saw The Hunger Games today and it was amazing! Simply incredible. Sure, it definitely helps if you read the books, at least the first one because you will have a better understanding of the characters and events going on.

Yes, there were several important parts that were missing and I was shaking my fist at the screen, metaphorically but it did fulfil most of my expectations, surpassing some of them as well. I've got to admit that I loved Rue. She was the cutest person but there should have been more interaction between her and Katniss.

Ah Katniss. Jennifer Lawrence just blew me away. I loved her. She might not look exactly as I imagined but her acting skills made Katniss real to me. The fear and love, it was immense.

I was very disappointed in Peeta though. He didn't look like Peeta nor did he act like him, well, become him. I didn't feel the same Peeta as I did with the book. Ah, this is probably the downside to the movie but I am all for Katniss and Peeta. Aw.

No comments:

Post a Comment